Hair transplant is the latest fad, not only for those who have lost their hair to untimely fall but even for them who want to transform their hairlines or achieve an attractive mane. But, Are hair transplants really safe and successful? Is it a lasting process or does this procedure results in unwarranted tissue adjustments in body?
Origin Of Hair Transplant Technology
Hair transplantation is a surgery where artificial hairs are transplanted & relocated on a person’s scalp. It is like sowing seeds in a field, to be very precise. Dr. Norman Orentreich, a dermatologist, who first started his experiments on human scalp grafts in the late 1950s. He also indicated the possibility of the donor concept through his research. He found the hair lasting long, Flawless & unharmed on the receiver’s head.
Facts About Hair Transplant
A hair transplant is more than just a method. It gives men and women confidence, makes them look and feel younger, and exceptionally improve self-esteem. However, knowing the facts, steps, and surgical process involved is a crucial part of moving closer toward making this life-changing decision to undergo hair replacement surgery.
Hair loss is strangely common. It occurs in 70% of men and 50% of women at some point in their lifetime and occurs for various reasons. Fortunately, in addition to treatments to slow and sometimes even pause hair loss, there are solutions that can restore lost hair and make an individual feel themselves again. It Includes many factors that can contribute to hair loss. They range from genetics to age, hormones, nutrition, medications, and bad health. Most of the people lose 50 to 100 hairs per day. These hairs do grow back, but when hair loss is experienced rapidly and without transformation or it becomes permanent and causes hair follicles to weaken and thin, a hair transplant can be considered. Following are the other few Facts about HAIR TRANSPLANT.
- The transplanted hair behaves like natural hair and sheds between two to four weeks of transplant. The roots thereafter start shooting hair naturally and continue to do so for a lifetime.
- Use of Anesthesia makes it, A painless procedure and the patient can go home the same day.
- Hair transplant is different from non-surgical hair restoration in which a pre-chosen base is fixed on scalp with smoothness.
- It does not mean you will have a luxurious crop of hair as the result varies from person to person and yes, It has also some link with a person’s natural hair quality.
- Remember, Every case of baldness does not have a solution in hair transplantation.
- The cost of the whole procedure depends on the number of grafts. The more the number of grafts, the higher the cost. Now you can book an appointment & find best Dermatologist/Skin specialist in Lahore or in any other main city of Pakistan.
Causes Of Hair Loss
Hair loss, which is leading to baldness is called Alopecia. Most people lose hair because they have inherited a genetic design that incline them for baldness. Hair loss can also be caused by underlying medical problems like drugs, infections and a variety of other factors. Medical problems that can cause diffuse hair loss includes:
- Prolonged disease
- Thyroid disease
- Connective tissue diseases (such as Lupus)
- Severe nutritional deficiencies includes Iron, Calcium and Vitamin deficiencies
- Crash dieting
- Surgical procedures
- Sometimes severe emotional problems/Depression.
If you are suffering from any of the above conditions, Immediately find and consult Dermatologist.
In men, there are two kinds of hair follicles which differ genetically. Hair follicles over front and crown have androgenic receptors while follicles on a back and both side of the head do not have androgenic receptors.
Under the influence of DHT( Dihydrotestosterone ), follicles with androgenic receptors first produce thinner, shorter hair with weaker shafts. Eventually, these follicles produce only fine, almost invisible, villus or thread like hair, and they may become less altogether. Androgenetic alopecia requires three conditions :
- Genes for hair loss
- Male hormones in adequate quantities
Steps For Hair Transplant
Hair Transplant is a surgical process that involves replacements of hair follicles from any site in the body like face or legs and farming them on the hairless portion. This process also works in transplanting hair in lashes and brows. The latest techniques are permanent & long lasting, they pick up follicular clusters of hair. This process is called Follicular Hair Transplantation (FUT) which can be done in two ways
Skin strips with good hair growth are planted on balding areas.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)-
Hair clusters with their roots are manually removed and planted at the hairless sides.
Here are the Steps Of Hair Transplant!
1. In the First step of the Hair Transplant Surgery, hair follicles from the back of the head are detached and relocated to the balding areas. SO, Donor area shaved. Before the surgery is started, the hair in the donor area are trimmed.
2. Once the hair in the contributor area are trimmed, it is given local anesthesia.
3. The tissue in the donor area that contains the bald resistant hair follicles is then removed & relocated surgically and the donor area is fastened.
4. The sutures in the donor area are concealed from the patient’s hair that are combed over them. These sutures are removed almost ten days after the hair transplant surgery.
5. Microscopes are then used by the surgical technicians & practitioners to view the donor tissue for dissecting and preparing follicular units hair grafts.
6. Once the local anesthesia is given to the patient, the balding recipient area is ready for the surgical process, Now No trimming/removal of hair is required at the top of the recipient area.
7. Incisions made in the balding areas.
8. Grafts placed according to their densities.
9. After the hair transplant surgery, very tiny incisions with short hair would be visible on the patients operated area.
10. The incision marks heals naturally and the redness in the recipient area vanishes itself within a week.
RISK FACTORS OF HAIR TRANSPLANT SURGERY-
- Death of the hair follicles after being transplanted, in which case no new hair will grow after.
- Sometimes, An unnatural look with a patchy hair pattern.
- It may cause Infection.
- Excessive bleeding
Following are the most visited profiles of Best Hair Transplant Specialist in Lahore on Marham platform:
Book an appointment with Dr. Faria Asad
Book an appointment with Dr. Haroon Nabi
Book an appointment with Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry
Book an appointment with Dr. Ata Ul Haq
Book an appointment with Dr. Rana Manzoor