Table of Content
Hair transplantation is the latest fad, not only for those who have lost their hair but even for those who want to transform their hairlines or achieve an attractive mane. But, are hair transplants really safe and successful? Is it a lasting process or does this procedure results in unwarranted tissue adjustments in the body?
Origin Of Hair Transplant Technology
Hair transplantation is a surgery where artificial hairs are transplanted & relocated on a person’s scalp. It is like sowing seeds in a field, to be very precise. Dr. Norman Orentreich, a dermatologist who first started his experiments on human scalp grafts in the late 1950s. He also indicated the possibility of the donor concept through his research. He found the hair lasting long, Flawless & unharmed on the receiver’s head.
Facts About Hair Transplant
A hair transplant is more than just a method. It gives men and women confidence, makes them look and feel younger, and exceptionally improves self-esteem. You should know all the facts, steps, and surgical processes involved, before making this life-changing decision.
Hair loss is strangely common. It occurs in 70% of men and 50% of women at some point in their lifetime and occurs for various reasons. Fortunately, besides treatments to slow and sometimes even pause hair loss, there are solutions that can restore lost hair and make an individual feel themselves again. It Includes many factors that can contribute to hair loss. They range from genetics to age, hormones, nutrition, medications, and bad health. Most people lose 50 to 100 hairs per day. These hairs grow back, but when hair loss is experienced rapidly and without transformation or it becomes permanent and causes hair follicles to weaken and thin, you can consider a hair transplant.
Following are the other few Facts about HAIR TRANSPLANT.
- The transplanted hair behaves like natural hair and sheds between two to four weeks of transplant. The roots thereafter start shooting hair naturally and continue to do so for a lifetime.
- Using anesthesia makes it, A painless procedure, and the patient can go home the same day.
- Hair transplant differs from non-surgical hair restoration in which a pre-chosen base is fixed on the scalp with smoothness.
- It does not mean you will have a luxurious crop of hair as the result varies from person to person and yes, It has also some link with a person’s natural hair quality.
- Remember, Every case of baldness does not have a solution in hair transplantation.
- The cost of the whole procedure depends on the number of grafts. The more the number of grafts, the higher the cost. Now you can book an appointment & find the best Dermatologist/Skin specialist in Lahore or in any other major city of Pakistan.
Causes Of Hair Loss
Hair loss, which is leading to baldness is called Alopecia. Most people lose hair because they have inherited a genetic design that inclines them to baldness. Underlying medical problems like drugs, infections and a variety of other factors can also cause hair loss. Medical problems that can cause diffuse hair loss includes:
- Prolonged disease
- Thyroid disease
- Connective tissue diseases (such as Lupus)
- Severe nutritional deficiencies include Iron, Calcium, and Vitamin deficiencies
- Crash dieting
- Surgical procedures
- Sometimes severe emotional problems/Depression.
If you are suffering from any of the above conditions, Immediately find and consult a Dermatologist.
In men, there are two kinds of hair follicles that differ genetically. Hair follicles over the front and crown have androgenic receptors while follicles on the back and both sides of the head do not have androgenic receptors.
Under the influence of DHT (Dihydrotestosterone), follicles with androgenic receptors first produce thinner, shorter hair with weaker shafts. Eventually, these follicles produce only fine, almost invisible, villus or thread-like hair, and they may become less altogether. Androgenetic alopecia requires three conditions:
- Genes for hair loss
- Male hormones in adequate quantities
Types Of Hair Transplant
Hair Transplant is a surgical process that involves replacements of hair follicles from any site in the body like the face or legs and farming them on the hairless portion. This process also works in transplanting hair in lashes and brows. The latest techniques are permanent & long-lasting, they pick up follicular clusters of hair. We call this process Follicular Hair Transplantation (FUT). There are two ways to carry out FUT.
1. Strip harvesting-
The practitioner plants skin strips with good hair growth on the balding areas. This resembles skin grafting.
2. Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)-
The doctor will remove hair clusters along with their roots, which will be then transplanted into the bald area.
Here are the Steps Of Hair Transplant!
- In the First step of Hair Transplant Surgery, the doctor will remove hair follicles from the back of the head and relocate them to the balding area. Before they start the surgery, the doctor will trim the hair in the donor area.
- Then the surgeon will inject you with local anesthesia.
- The tissue in the donor area that contains the bald-resistant hair follicles is then removed & relocated surgically and the donor area is fastened.
- The sutures in the donor area are concealed from the patient’s hair that is combed over them. These sutures are removed almost ten days after the hair transplant surgery.
- Microscopes are then used by the surgical technicians & practitioners to view the donor tissue for dissecting and preparing follicular units hair grafts.
- Once the local anesthesia is given to the patient, the balding recipient area is ready for the surgical process, Now No trimming/removal of hair is required at the top of the recipient area.
- Incisions made in the balding areas.
- Grafts placed according to their densities.
- After the hair transplant surgery, very tiny incisions with short hair would be visible on the patients’ operated area.
- The incision marks heal naturally and the redness in the recipient area vanishes itself within a week.
Risk Factors Of Hair Transplant Surgery
- Death of the hair follicles after being transplanted, in which case no new hair will grow after.
- Sometimes, An unnatural look with a patchy hair pattern.
- It may cause Infection.
- Excessive bleeding
Book an appointment now, to answer all your queries. You can book an appointment with top nutritionists in Pakistan through Marham by calling at Marham helpline: 0311-1222398 or by online booking facility through the website or Marham mobile app.
Can’t Find The App?
Drop a review for us at Playstore if you’ve had a good experience!
Stay Home Stay Safe!
Latest posts by Rabya Jamshed (see all)
- All You Need To Know About Hair Transplantation; The 10 Main Steps - March 10, 2021
- Fruits and Vegetables That Can Boost Your Mental Health - March 8, 2021
- 6 Most Common Reasons Of An Irregular Period - March 9, 2018