Are you sharing your bed with the partner who snores? Is the harsh sound making you restless? Here is a good news! Have a look at following words to solve this problem.
What is the Reason for Snoring?
The unpleasant sound of snoring is usually produced when the person is suffering from any of the following complications;
- Throat weakness which causes the closure of throat during sleep.
- Mispositioned jaw or any other deformation of jaw structure
- Extra body fats have a tendency to accumulate in the throat and make breathing difficulties during sleep.
- Obstruction of the nasal passage.
- Use of relaxants such as alcohol or other relaxant drugs.
- Sleeping on one’s back. This leads to the tongue dropping in the back of the mouth which causes difficulty in breathing.
How to Avoid These Terrible Sounds?
If you or your partner snores than do not make lame excuses and consult with a physician right away. To find and consult with a general practitioner in Rawalpindi or Islamabad log on to Marham, as it may lead to serious medical conditions even death during sleep or may become a reason of conflict with your partner. So take serious steps to rectify this.
Personal care Tips:
Here are some basic tips that will help to eliminate or at least reduce the harsh sound:
- Lose extra body fats
- Avoid taking tranquilizers, sleeping pills, muscle relaxants and antihistamines before sleep.
- Avoid alcohol consumption especially before going to bed. Avoid heavy meals or snacks before sleep.
- Establish regular sleeping patterns.
- Change your sleeping position. Prefer to sleep on your side rather than on your back.
- Keep yourself hydrated by consuming plenty of water.
- Check for nasal and throat allergies.
- Keep nasal passage open.
- Avoid mouth opening during sleep.
- Keep bedroom air moist.
- Use orthopedic pillows and special instruments to keep the air passageway open.
If basic preventive cares failed to help you then immediately visit physician or otolaryngologist. He may recommend appropriate medical device or surgical procedures like;
Laser-assisted uvulopalatoplasty (LAUP):
With the help of laser certain modifications are done in the uvula and soft palate to make the breathing easy.
Small plastic implants are placed into the soft palate which will help to prevent the collapse of the soft palate.
In this method, low levels of radiofrequency heat are used to remove extra tissues of the uvula and soft palate.
Custom-fitted dental devices and lower jaw-positioners:
These make necessary amendments in jaw structure to keep open the air passage. you might need to find and consult a dental professional for this. To find dental professionals in Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad log on to Marham.
Different surgical approaches may be used to increase natural airway passage or removing hindering tissues. Following surgical methods may be used;
- Thermal Ablation Palatoplasty
Choose any of these methods and get rid of snoring today.
Latest posts by Tayyaba Waris (see all)
- 4 Reasons to Leave the Shoes at your Door Step - July 15, 2018
- Novel Treatment Options For 3 Serious Prostate Diseases - May 3, 2018
- 5 Everyday Habits to Cut Down Hospital Expenditures - March 2, 2018