Attention Deficit Hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is commonly diagnosed in Children but it can be present in adults too. In adults it can be diagnosed by multiple symptoms such as Anxiety, Impulsiveness, Mood swings, Frustration, Depression, lack of concentration etc.
It can disturb your health, work-life and has great impact on your personal life. Don’t worry, It is not life threatening and luckily there are quite a lot of ways to manage its symptoms successfully. Consult a Psychiatrist as he/she can guide you well to suppress its symptoms.
Marham is here to disclose 4 incredible strategies to deal with ADHD.
Breakdown your daily tasks
One of the most highlighted traits of ADHD is distractibility. We know getting organized may make you feel overwhelmed. So it’s better if you breakdown the task into steps and then follow it accordingly. There are a lot of tools to manage your daily tasks such as keeping Daily planners and setting Reminders to save yourself from panic. You can also make use of “to do” list to break and manage your daily tasks.
Do it now
Don’t procrastinate, due to acute forgetfulness in ADHD you might not remember to finish your work later. You can avoid clutter, absentmindedness and procrastination by cleaning up mess, returning to the phone calls immediately, doing your assignment when it’s due, not sometime in future. The habit of “Do it now” will make you feel satisfied later. If a task required two minutes of yours why not do it now?
We know, Adults who have ADHD are considered to be disorganized at workplace. Don’t worry, we got you.
- Invest some money in File separators, stick notes, colored labels etc.
- To save time; for different data, use separate file folders, use colored-labels to mark important files
- For emails, check your mail daily and put junk email address to block so you don’t have to go through junk mails.
- Use electronic statements and bills to get rid of piles of papers to read.
To control hyper activeness ad inattention become physically active. Exercise can suppress stress, enhance your mood and gives you peace. Through exercise you will utilize your excessive energy in a positive way. Go for vigorous yet fun exercises such as Zumba and Dancing. Choose Outdoor location for exercise and you must try meditation, yoga or mindful walking to increase your attention span and to control your pulses.
To control symptoms of ADHD you need to mentally prepare yourself for it. A good Psychiatrist can help you deal with its symptoms in a better way.
Few Most Popular Psychiatrists:
Latest posts by Amina Hameed (see all)
- 5 Incredible Benefits Of Omega-3 On Health - September 25, 2018
- Not All Fats Are Bad, Try Healthy-Fat To Boost Health - September 23, 2018
- Top Five Reasons Of Premature Graying Of Hair - September 23, 2018