Table of Content
You have seen your superpowers through those entire nine months of pregnancy. Giving birth to your child you held on and did not give up. While reading this your bundle of joy is around you. You feel blessed. As you start this new journey with your little one you may have many queries sprouting in your mind regarding feeding your baby, keeping her healthy and taking the best possible care of her.
If Breastfeeding Seems Like a Struggle Does it Mean it’s not For me?
Is it True That Breastfeeding is The Best?
- It contains over 400 nutrients, hormones and disease preventing compounds.
- Its composition keeps altering according to your baby’s requirements as she grows.
- Babies being exclusively breastfed for the first 6 months of their life have superior cognitive skills compared to formula-fed age mates.
Read More: 4 Lessons That Breastfeeding Can Teach You
Is Breastfeeding Beneficial for Mothers?
- Protection from ovarian cancer.
- Decreased chances of type 2 diabetes.
For How Long Should I Breastfeed?
What Can I Do To Be Prepared for Breastfeeding?
How To Start?
- Find yourself a comfortable place to sit.
- If you or your baby finds light and noise distracting go for a quiet spot in your house.
- Hold your baby in one of the breastfeeding positions you are okay with.
- Keep a glass of water and some pillows close to supporting your back, arms, and your baby.
- Make sure your baby latches on correctly taking a big mouth full of breast tissue.
- If latching hurts, break the suction using your little finger and try again.
Is Breastfeeding easy?
Latest posts by Sehrish (see all)
- Jaundice Treatment, Causes, Symptoms And Risks - May 11, 2021
- Stomach Ulcers 101; Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment - March 29, 2021
- 10 Common Diseases in Children A Parent Must Know About - March 24, 2021